Tuesday, March 30, 2010

My "Surprise" trip to see Robin






So a while back i thought I would go to North Carolina for Robin's 30th birthday. I bought the ticket and only a few people knew i was coming. because i needed a ride from the airport I had contacted some of her friends and I thought her friends at work could arrange a b-day dinner that I could pop in on for the big surprise. It almost turned out but, a few days before she was very suspiosous and convienced it was me. I didn't give in till I was in Dallas on a lay over and she called me. Although it wasn't the actual surprise i had planned she was real happy i was on my way. Her friends Jessica and Kristy came to pick me up and she had no idea they were coming so that was fun. A big group of us helped her celebrate with Margaritas and mexican food at one of her favorites. it was so much fun. Then I got to meet Huey, hers and chris's new pup. He is so cute, 10 week old mastiff. he is going to be a biggie. robin and I stayed up drank some wine and watched a movie and went to bed. Cole came the next morning and i surprised him. we went to see diary of a wimpy kid and had lunch. It was fun to hang out with cole (who is almost as tall as me) I can not believe it! Then we went home for a quick nap and back out to dinner and home for more movies and fun. Sat. morning robin and I went to zumba class and then we dropped Cole off with Robin's mom for spring break and an Egg hunt. Where Robin and I kinda got stranded but, it was funny. Her mom came back to give us a jump and then we were off to shop and go to see Bounty Hunter. Then after the movie we had Japanese food so I was happy. Came home and jsut did our normal hang out and talk. Took the most hilarious hidden video of her (which i am never allowed to share) we had some great talks and laughed till our tummy's hurt then fell asleep. Sunday morning it was real rainy so we went on a mission for some hot soup. Ended up at Ruby tuesdays with brown salad, yuck sweet tea and hard biscuts. But, did have good soup! It was about time to pack and leave already so Robin web cam'd w/ Chris since he was getting ready to leave to come home while I web cam'd Tim and Noah. It was a great trip, always is. Just what I needed. Although it was a fast 3 days they were filled to the max with good times. can't wait for the next one already.

No comments: