I had been planning to have a BIG surprise party for their 30th anni for a while. I just love to plan things and especially surprises. I decided on a Luau theme since they really wanted to go back to Hawaii but, couldn't I thought we could bring Hawaii to them but, better yet have all their friends and family there too. So planning was going well invitations sent, gathering all the decor and menu planning. then i talk to my mom one day and tell her my fake plans for the day so she doesn't get suspicuos and she tells me that she was thinking that they would renew their vows since they didn't have a real wedding just got married at the courthouse. So I got off the phone and called my pastor at church which she is also an ordained minister that performs weddings. She was open and very excited to help out with the surprise ceremony. I called the bros, SIL's and GG to tell them the NEW plan. Phew was it a busy 12 days. that's right pulled the whole surprise wedding together in 12 days. Got mom 3 dresses to select from, and got to work with all that weddings entail. It worked out cause they decided to get a room at MGM the day before so we could all decorate and meet reherse the days events. Yes, I said reherse. I called a meeting, had an agenda and we walked thru every detail. The time arrived and guests all parked inconspicuously they were there and everyone got quiet. Mom came in first and the look on her face was priceless. dad was pretty funny also he just had this dumbfounded face and said WOW. After seeing everyone, the boys took dad to the man cave and the girls led mom to her room. Where we asked them if they wanted to do it all over again. Anf they both said YES. showed mom her dresses and started getting her hair and She was just shaking she was so nervous. Dad was getting the news and getting ready himself. Then tim and dad went outside, I walked w/ Noah and Ella (holding the leis for them) and Robbie and Ryan walked mom down the isle/stepping stones to meet dad below the arch in the yard we decorated. It was so nice the hawaiian version of somewhere of the rainbow played and everyone sat on blankets in the grass for the ceremony. It was very much 'Their dream wedding" I was so happy that they were hapy and you could see the love and something about 30 years of memories made everyone laugh and cry. We came in for a toast and cake. Then watched a video montage I made of their lives together. It was a pretty amazing turnout. I was so glad to have had everyones help and support to make this vision for my mom and dad a day they will remember forever.
No comments:
Post a Comment