Tuesday, December 30, 2008
Christmas 2008
What a beautiful Christmas we had. Lots of time with friends and family and seeing my babies light up on Christmas morning is the best feeling ever. I feel so blessed to have had my Christmas celebrations start on Dec. 20th. Ryan came home and had a nice long 2 week stay. It always feels so good when everyone is here together. Then on the 23rd I got a great Christmas surprise present Robin surprised me! It was so unexcpected. Chris came in a few days before and came up to deliver their presents and was coming back to get their presents Tues. He called Tim and told him to have me go in the room so he could come in and wrap my gift. I was a little confused and wondering why he got me a gift. But, still never crossed my mind. So I come out of the room with wine in my hand and she was sitting on the couch with wrapping over here. I screamed and hugged her with tears in my eyes. Tim, Chris and her had kept this a secret for nearly 2 months. I really needed my best friend and 2 days before Christmas it was a littl overwhelming. I am so grateful for my husband to make this so special. So then on Christmas Eve we did our family tradion of going to Church service then ate in and out at mom and dads. Chris and Robin came by and then we all came home to get ready for Santa. Noah got his Hi Hat (cymbal for drums) he was so happy and almost got emotional about his present. Ella got a kitchen and shopping cart with groceries. She was funny she really liked it all. They were so happy and Ella really enjoyed all the presents. She loved to stand on them all. After we opened all our gift we all went to mom and dads in our pajamas for breakfast and more gifts. They made Noah and Ella a Stage with curtains and all. It turned out great. So of course before breakfast we got a concert. NOah really is funny he starts the concert in prayer like they do at church and then says "Welcome to the Crossing" then goes into his music. Ella just sat on the stage looking at brother. It was a great morning. Of course we all ate too much and then played with Noah's guitar hero gift. I sang for 2 hours. I know I'm not good but, I am very entertaining. I was compared to Cameron Diaz in My best friends wedding but, I took it as a compliment so I had fun. Friday Tim, Chris, Robin and I went out to dinner then to Stoney's it's becoming out "thing" to do when they are here. Robin and I 2 step and line dance and drink way too much. But we don't get to do it often so we really have a great time. The kids stayed over with mom and dad and we really had a good time. I think I said that already...Anyway the next morning yes, after we got in at 2am the guys wanted to take us shooting. So headache and all after breakfast we went t othe range. It was fun, I haven't shot a hand gun before. I was pretty intimidated at first with my over active imagination but, I was doing real good. They left on Sunday kinda sad wish they could of stayed through NYE but, I am so thankful for the unexpected visit. Now all the fun is coming to an end but, I am looking forward to 2009. Although 2008 ended with a bang I am glad it is over with. It's been a year for all of us, our country, and the world. So I plan to toast with Tim and the kids and make an early night of NYE. Wake up early on the 1st day of 09 and start getting to work. It's going to be a year of change for us and I am looking forward to it. Happy New Year!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Im so glad you had an amazing time and your bestie got to come out!! i shot a gun.. but it was a shot gun and damn the kick hurt! Keep blogging please I love it!
Hey girl it is Cherine. I would love to follow your blog. Mine is on private so email me so I can add you.
crmontie@hotmail.com
By the way sounds like you had a fabulous Christmas. What a fun surprise.
Post a Comment