



Get your tissues ready cause this momma has a story to share. Since the earthquake and tsunami hit in Japan Noah has been praying for them. Of course as his momma that right there makes my heart skip a beat. His prayers are always so deep and go something like. god please help the people in Japan find their homes, and help them find food, be with the kids that cant find their moms or dads, help them to build their buildings back up so they have jobs. That is just a glimpse of how they go. One boring Tuesday night Ella was asking for chinese food for dinner since Tim had to work I thought Panda Express sounded like a great idea (no cooking for me) so I looked on their website to find the nearest one to our new house and saw they were matching any donations to the red cross for the recovery efforts in Japan. I thought that was cool and decided to share with the kids that we could go there for dinner and give to the red cross. Right away Noah ran to get his bank full of pennies, and misc change tokens I think too. so he rolls it down the hall and says I want to give them my money. so I said that is nice we can do that lets open and take what you want to give. He looked at me and said no I want to give it all to them. Thought that was a nice thought but, when i explain that this is probably enough to buy some Legos or a Leapster game then he will just want to give a few bucks. So I explain and he says, no I feel good about this I want to give it all to them. Mom, they need it to build buildings. I was like, okay, lets go cash it in and see how much. SIn the care I was still explaining to him that it could be a lot of money and he doesnt have to give it all away. He said, this is Gods plan for me to give it all, I feel good about this and I will just save more again. Wow, then it hit me what was I doing telling him all that. He totally gets it. I was the one that needed the lesson not him. So we dump all the change in and it's a whopping $37.73. I told him what a big donation that is for someone his age and he said I know. Then we went to panda and he handed over all the cash to the manager. I teared up, this was a big boy with a big heart and he is my son. This was my kid doing something so selfless and amazing for a country that is hurting. I have never felt so proud, and a little embarrassed that I was trying to make him understand when it was me that needed to be taught something that night. The other fun thing was his fortune cookie said "Give much, have much" This kid has a lot to give and as him mom I am going to take note! Proud of my bubba bear for that. the next morning another 7.0 quake hit Japan. We continue to pray for them!
No comments:
Post a Comment