So a couple months ago tim surprised me with an airline ticket to visit Robin. turns out the weekend was the same weekend as noah's 1st teeball game so I rescheduled for may 15th. I haven't been up for a visit since i was pregnant with Ella and Noah came with me. This was such a needed mommy vacation. I was excited yet nervouse to leave the kids even though it was just for 3 days. When I got to the airport Tim got me a starbucks, I was trying to relax and just read by myself but, I couldn't sit still. i ended up dumping my entire chai on the floor, a bit nervous I suppose going on a trip by myself. Anyway I was able to relax on the plane and catch up on some reading. When we were about to land, i couldn't stop looking at all the trees. Robin picked me up and we headed for a mexican restaurant. Our visit was so nice to be catching up and laughing over dinner instead of on the phone 2,000 miles away. Ryan was headed up to meet us but, weather was really bad so we went to barnes & noble to kill time and have dessert. finally Ryan met us and drove me back to Robins house about 45 min away. it was so great to see my baby brother, haven't seen since christmas. i loved that he had the country station on in his car, i thought he did that for me but, turns out he likes it now. So we went back to her house, all of us pretty pooped had a drink together and talked way too late then went to bed. Saturday was busy, Cole had a baseball and soccer game. so glad i got to see him play, what a sport. We had lunch with cole and victoria (robin's mom) and then headed back for the pampered chef party. after the pampered chef party we decided to go for drinks and get some junk food and board games. played and drank outside till it was dark, we chased lighting bugs like little kids then headed in for some more late night chats. sunday we intended to go to church but, realized we were running too late. we went to get me some coffee then off to pedicures for Robin and i and then met back up with Ryan for a great Japanese Lunch/ dinner. It was a teppanyaki grill (where they cook the food in front of you) so yummy, we ate sooo much but, it was great. Ryan then had to head back to Virginia, so Robin and i went to visit her parents and brothers family. We rented some girly movies and got some snacks and stayed over her parents other house (closer to the airport) We ate left over food watched movies and exersized. then off to bed, but, of course we stayed up talking again, that's just what we do...Woke up dark and early to some crazy reggae alarm music then off to the airport for me to come home. It really was so refreshing to spend time with her and outta LV. i missed tim and the kids so much but, really came back so energized and felt great to be home. I realized that moms do not know sometimes how much it helps to do things like that to do things by ourselves. it makes us better women when we indulge and listen to what we need. i may not always listen and do things like that for me but, I know I will make an effort to at least yearly. can't wait for Robin and Cole's visit next month!
1 comment:
I am so mad that this blog spot does not update me on your blogs!!! ANyway, I love stying up way to late with a friend and enjoying beverages talking!! I went to NY last year and my sis, aunt, and I chased lightning bugs too after a glass of wine lol:)!!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment